skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Fresh Start
Before I start my new years resolution to start blogging, I need to explain why I chose to do this. I recently went back to school and have felt like there is just not enough time in the day to do all that I need and want to do. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I LOVE to read. I can read a book in record time. However, since life has thrown us some fastballs that we weren't expecting and Chris and I both find ourselves back in school, I have not read any books in several weeks. This might not sound that bad but considering that if I have enough books then I usually read 2 books a week sometimes more. I also recently started "Couponing" that crazy world of women who obsess over finding the best deal to "Pinch your Pennies". There is no longer any time to keep up with that. I also like to watch Heroes, Greys Anatomy, Private Practice and American Idol, but haven't watched any of these since the end of last season. I have found that in order to fit in the demands of school I needed to give up some things. I wasn't about to give up my time at night reading to and with Zach or playing princess with Ava Kate. I decided that something had to give, things just aren't fun when you don't do anything for yourself. After some thought I figured that I would make time for blogging because it's something I can keep forever and while I am doing it for myself, I am also doing it for my family. I don't know if I would have ever even considered it if my dearest friend Stacey hadn't started one of her own, and because my friend Jessica set up the entire thing several months ago to help me get going. Well here I am finally getting started...
2 comments:
Yeah! I am so glad you officially made your first post. Pretty soon you will be taking your camera everywhere thinking, "What can I blog about." It's the closest thing to a journal I will probably ever have and I hope someday my kids will appreciate it. Way to go!
Congrats on officially joining the blog world. Between this and facebook I am completely glued to the computer. Not sure that is going to comfort you in your search for free time. :) I can't wait to read more about your family. And tell Ava I love muffins too! :)
Post a Comment