Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Ava Kate!

This is the Birthday Girl when she woke up.
Birthday wishes from Dad.

Ava Kate turned 3 on February 24th. We celebrated with 2 parties and 2 cakes. She was very spoiled because her birthday fell on a Tuesday and that is the day I have class. I felt really bad but I could not afford to miss ANY classes. She had her second party the following Sunday at my moms house. But... of course I had to work. I felt like a bum mom all week, but fortunately I don't think she noticed to much! She kept telling me "Mom, mom it's my birthday!" It was so cute. She really wanted some pink cowboy boots. I really don't know why, because I am everything but country and she is never exposed to it. I don't know of any of her friends who have any. But this was the one thing that she consistently requested when asked. So my mom mad her day by giving her the cutest cowboy boots (well, cute for cowboy boots anyway). The best part....They light up! It's so funny. She struts around in those boots like she is top stuff. Some times in just her favorite "princess panties". Zach gave her some "Elton John" sunglasses, they take up her whole face. She has always liked to wear sunglasses and when Chris saw them at Nordstrom he couldn't resist. Zach was so excited to give them to her. He kept them a secret for almost 2 DAYS! Good job Zach! Happy birthday princess!

This is Zach giving Ava his present.
Ava opening her princess dishes that she totally found 3 weeks earlier, but we made her wait.

Ava and Zach having a tea party with the new set.

So big! I can't believe she is 3!
My mom got her a Tinkerbell cake and she LOVED it!

Krissy, Zach and Ava messing around.

Ava actually got 2 cakes. Elaine made her one and had a special dinner for her while I was at school.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! She is such a cutie! My daughter has some pink cowboy boots too and wears them probably about every day! I don't know where they get these ideas?

Merrills said...

I love her face with the Tinkerbell cake. I can't wait to see her in those huge sunglasses!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones