Graduation Day

Zach and Miss Washburn

Zach & his buddy Benson (Yes, he is the same age as Zach. He's is so tall, I know, but such a cutie)

Ava was so excited for Zach

This is why our video of the graduation is a motion sickness nightmare! She just had to sit on my lap and periodically look at the LCD.
Zach graduated kindergarten on June 3rd. I was so sad but happy for him. I don't know what I'm going to do next year when he is in school all day. I would look forward to seeing his little blond head in the window of the bus as it passed in front of our house.
I love it when he spots me on the corner and his face lights up and he yells "MOM!", as if he thought for a moment that I might not be there.
I love that the first thing he asks me is "What's for lunch, mom?".
I love it when he tells me about his day and how much he loves his teacher.
I love it when he asks "What day is it tommorow?" and when I reply, "Saturday, why?", and he says, "I don't know. I just wanted to go to school. Thats all." I will even admit that I cried myself to sleep that night and my throat still gets tight when I talk about it. I
love him so much and I want him to excel in everything he does. It is
bittersweet to be a parent. I worry about him and Ava so much these days with everything that kids are exposed to. I often worry if I'm a good Mom and what he will be like when he is older. I often have to remind myselft that this is
MY "test" and that if I follow
His plan I can not go wrong.
I love you Zach! You make me so proud to be your mom!
1 comment:
Gage doesn't do a little graduation like that. I am kinda jealous. They do what's called a Spring Fling in the middle of the summer in the blazing sun right smack dab in the middle of the asphalt parking lot along with all of the other grades. It should be a lot of fun fighting for a seat to see Gage for like 1 minute do a little dance. I can't wait.
Post a Comment