Friday, February 6, 2009

School Dayz....

Sometimes when I wake up and my kids come and jump in my bed and are so excited to see me, I often forget about my worldly obligations.............. Then I remember that it is Friday and I have to learn a weeks worth of graduate level physiology, complete an essay assignment and take a test all before Sunday night at midnight. I have to wonder if it is all worth it. My family has had to make some sacrifices these past couple of months for me and they do it with a happy heart. Chris has been so selfless and encouraging, he really wants me to succeed. He often has dinner for me when I get home from the hospital. He does the laundry, bathes the kids and reads to them on nights when I have to study or work late. I often feel that I don't deserve such a wonderful family. But I love them so much and know that they love me.
Zach is getting so smart. He wants to read ALL the time. He reminds me and Chris if we ever try to let a night of reading slip by, that he needs to do at least 20 minutes. He brings me his 1st grade level books to read often even though he struggles through the entire thing (I personally think its because they only make Star Wars books for 1st grade level and up). But even when he struggles he doesn't give up. He gets so excited when he pronounces a new word that he never has before. His teacher, Miss Washburn, had great things to say about Zach and Chris and I as well at his parent teacher conference this week. I am proud to be his mom.
Ava has been going through her terrible twos' and I don't see an end in sight! I think she will transition right on through to terrible threes' with out a hitch! She has been saying all kinds of funny things lately. She tries so hard to be an adult, only to breakdown and have a tantrum and bring herself right back to two years old! She asks at least once a week when we are going to Disneyland. This kid has a steel vault for memories! She will constantly ask if we can just ride "Woody's Ride one time today?" as if its just in the backyard! I think she dreams Disney at night! She loves her brother and whenever I get mad at her she runs right to Zach crying! He of course picks her up (or tries anyway!) and coddles her like a baby and she eats it right up! Her latest and greatest is to run from the room crying into her bedroom and slam the door. I go after her only to find her sobbing (or at least pretending) into her pillow! She is our drama child!
Chris sold one of his spec houses a couple weekends ago and we were so excited. Even though we had to finance them, we are still getting money each month to cover the home and that is blessing enough.
Chris' sister Lori is coming in today with her husband Mike and her new baby Catherine. We are so excited to meet this baby! She was born in November and Mike and Lori live in California so we have not met her yet. It should be a fun weekend with Chris' family as we celebrate his Grandma Garners birthday!

2 comments:

Merrills said...

I didn't know you sold one of the specs. That's great news. I love what you have done with your blog. You will have to tell me what that bookshelf is all about. Tell Ava she will have to come over one day and we will make muffins together. I hope you have a fun weekend with your family in town. We need to try and hang out sometime next week. Good luck with your school stuff this weekend!

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Ahhh man. I want to ride the Woody ride one more time. It broke down the one and only time I have been on it!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones